Program Manager AIR & SC (M/F)
Job based in Luxembourg
Amazon is seeking an business oriented Program Manager for the Program Management Office to support the planning, scoping and project control for the continued expansion of our EU Sort Center Network. Suitable candidates will have solid level of ownership and be highly motivated candidates who have Engineering Project/Program Management experience.
The role will understand the details of an Amazon EU Sort Center, off site yard, air hub or gateway and have a basic knowledge of its operation to be able to scope, design, implement and control the portfolio projects for the future growth of the business unit. This candidate will support several capital projects from end to end, focusing on the planning and control side. The Program Manager PMO will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to coordinate business changes, needs to thrive in ambiguity scenarios and keep coordinating the initiatives. Candidate needs to be a strong collaborator with different functional teams and people working across multiple locations, teams and functions.
This opportunity combines real estate planning, construction engineering, scheduling, planning, project management, logistics processes knowledge, facilities management, and program management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings, infrastructure projects including fit out, soft tasks planning, financial analysis, EU permitting knowledge, plus a strong communicator with governance experience.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Own a large portfolio of projects from the program management perspective end to end.
- Standardize processes, timelines, dependencies.
- Be a governance facilitator that maintains structure, procedures and standard ways of working that follow a common language for project and program delivery.
- Build mechanisms to identify risk in a sustainable and scalable way, as well as lead the communication with the business and related stakeholders to identify mitigations or solutions.
- Develop, evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure and document tracking.
- Understand, track and communicate risk to project deliverables with the project owners to identify a path forward and mitigation plans.
- Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision-making, resolve escalation issues between the teams and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership/business on potential risks and delays.
- Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
- Ability to understand Operational processes.
- University Degree, Master in Engineering (or science/technology).
- Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
- Extensive project / program management experience.
- Solid working knowledge using MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD.
- Fluency in English required and in another European language (French, Spanish, Italian, German).
- Experience in infrastructure projects or operations of logistic centers.
- Lean or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt certification.
- Experience in governance risk and compliance.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR C.V. IN ENGLISH
- MBA or Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience in coordinating material handling design and implementation programs.
- Fulfillment/Distribution design, planning, execution experience.
- Experience with building permits in EU.
- PMP / Prince certification.
- SQL/Tableau/PowerBI knowledge is a strong plus.
- CAD products proficiency including NAVIS or simulation tools.