Sopra Steria Group,
a major player in consulting, technology services and software publishing in Europe, assists its clients in the successful transformation of their business and information systems. By combining value and innovation in the solutions proposed, and delivering utmost quality and performance in the services provided, Sopra Steria Group positioned itself as a preferred partner for major companies and organizations; especially those looking for the best use of digital technology for their development and competitiveness.
Sopra Steria Benelux Security Operation Center is a Cybersecurity expertise center operating several security solutions as Managed services. The team has implemented a Lab environment which is meant for several R&D purposes:
- Testing new Security Solutions/Products
- Developing Hacking knowledge
- Train on existing SOC Tools
- Enhance global detection mechanisms or correlation rules
Several internship projects are available using this platform:Unified Infrastructure:
Today's system engineers are the best security engineers of tomorrow. One of the most important mission of a Security engineer is to have an exhaustive view on his customers IT environments at all technical layers. This project has the objective of implementing coherent configuration everywhere in the Lab from the On-Premises servers to the Cloud deployment and configuring all services that are part of a Core infrastructure.Automated Pentesting:
Penetration activities are quite costly for customers and difficult to deliver As A Service. Some products on the market might solve this issue by giving the ability to run such technical audits in a recursive manner, especially to control that critical findings are patched/fixed in a timely manner. The intern will have to deploy related products in the Cybersecurity Lab and perform a comparison of available features.Hacking Scenarios Validation
: Detection scenarios are implemented by the SOC in the SIEM platform. Enhancement of those scenarios as well as their validation in various use cases is a recurrent task of SOC activities. In this project, the intern will have to work on test cases where:
The Ideal Candidate:
- He must execute the attack as described in the scenario
- He must identify how to log/trace the attack activity
- He must collect this information using the SIEM agent (or using standard collection mechanism)
- He must validate that the SIEM correctly alerts the SOC team once the attack is observed
- Highly motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for cyber security and technology;
- Sound understanding of cyber security principles and best practices;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to prioritize workloads and to know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to work with autonomy, but also to collaborate with the team.
- Good infrastructure and technology experience including demonstrable understanding of security operations;
- Good knowledge of security issues inherent in common corporate environments;
- Proven technical ability in using Microsoft Windows;
- Proven technical ability in using Unix/Linux;
- Technical understanding
- Experience with virtualization (VMware);
We Offer :
- Knowledge of SIEM tools;
- Knowledge of OS Administration (Windows & Linux);
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast growing and dynamic team on challenging national and international projects in different industries. We also offer the opportunity to continuously deepen your knowledge and to further develop your personal competencies.
If you want to boost your career and join a growing European leading IT services company, do not hesitate to check this opportunity and send us your resume.