IT Solutions Pre-Sales Engineer
13 days ago
Our client is an industrial contract logistics company, with global activity. Belgian operational headquarters located in the Brussels area (Vilvoorde).
Job description :
- You will work very closely with the business and IT communities, collaboratively driving innovative, scalable and cost-competitive IT business solutions;
- You will proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, you will assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and you will recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and external partners;
- You will secure input from all necessary solution stakeholders;
- You will adapt solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support;
- You will coordinate closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements;
- You will secure from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s technical close;
- You will provide coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills;
- You will facilitate business process reviews working with end users, vendors and technology experts, when applicable;
- You will work with internal commercial team to identify and understand client IT requirements for new business proposals, you will translate system requirements into standardized best practices for workable and sustainable IT solutions;
- You will provide high level specifications and direction to members of the IT technical staff;
- You will develop and deliver compelling demonstrations of used software and related applications, demonstrating the business value of the product’s capabilities;
- You will manage technical follow-up, meetings, proposal and internal account planning through the sales cycle.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Logistics, or you are equivalent by relevant professional experience;
- You have at least 4 years of experience in an IT technical/analyst role, within the Supply Chain/Logistics Industry;
- You have experience working with WMS and ERP systems;
- You have the proven ability to solve problems based on researching and analyzing information
- You have strong analytical skills and the ability to develop creative solutions to support business strategies;
- You are able to collaborate with others, to communicate clearly and you have a strong attention to detail;
- You have strong Enterprise Application Integration skills : Middleware, Communication Protocols, EDI, IDoc, etc;
- You have strong MS Office suite skills : Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, …
- You are willing to travel for about 25% - 30%.
- A challenging job in a dynamic international organization;
- Very competitive package;
- Workplace in the Brussels area (Vilvoorde).