Four Billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the globe, making life a little better every single day! P&G is committed to ensuring a better quality of life now and for generations to come.
Joining the Research & Development Innovation Design Team is an outstanding experience for any designer!
You will have the opportunity to work for a company that invests in the employee's personal and professional development, participate in meaningful projects that impact the business, global brands and billions of people’s lives.
The Industrial Designer Innovation role will contribute across a number of programs in Fabric Care.
You’ll be working on packaging projects and upstream innovation projects for some of our major brands across different regions. Brands such as Ariel®, Dash®, Tide®, Downy®, Lenor®, ….Bringing to life what’s possible from early-stage Front End Innovation (FEI) through design conceptualization all the way to production.
*Responsibilities for the role:*
* Demonstrate outstanding ability to visualize and realize design solutions throughout concept development, refinement, and execution with ownership of quality of thinking and outputs.
* Research and develop a point-of-view on relevant market/design trends, consumer segments, and the competitive landscape to encourage and guide design directions.
* Translate consumer needs, brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and visual direction into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted concepts and designs.
* Build engaging presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches/renderings, mood boards, pack-cepts and functional prototypes.
* Collaborate with discipline across the design studio and business to find opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout initiatives.
* Drive design projects in collaboration with internal and external resources.
* Understand LEAN Innovation principles and be able to apply them to the design process.
*Skills you can expect to learn and build with us:*
* New innovation research techniques.
* Cross-disciplinary people management/relationship building.
* Knowledge or experience of injection moulding, blow moulding and high‐speed assembly
We are looking for someone with:
* MA in Industrial Design or strongly related field with experience in Industrial Design and a portfolio that demonstrates design expertise (strategy and execution).
* Excellent and effective communication skills and ability to collaborate with, influence and engage multiple functions to deliver great design solutions.
* Strong project management skills with ability to self-direct and take on ownership for your work.
* Proactive leadership skills and ability to identify design opportunities to impact the business.
* Passion for integrating design with technology and a desire to experiment and explore new insights.
* Ability to connect consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends into meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges.
* Good base knowledge in key manufacturing processes is recommended (blow moulding, injection moulding etc).
* Excellent rapid-visualization skills (eg. hand-sketching, storytelling/storyboarding etc).
* Strong working knowledge of relevant CAD systems (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works,…), rendering software (e.g. Keyshot, Cinema4D,..), and Adobe Creative Suite.
We are considering candidates with a few years of relevant design experience or who have just graduated.
*Full‐time position based in Brussels, Belgium.*
Availability to relocate from abroad is necessary to apply.
*Please be sure to attach an updated portfolio in PDF of your work (portfolio should focus on work (sketches, designs, …) and design process.*
Job: *Research & Development*
Title: *Industrial Designer Innovation (m/f/x)*
Location: *BE-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels*
Requisition ID: *RND00004781*